Monday 7 March 2011

Now I've Done Dunston

Hopperational details
Date & Venue
Saturday 5 March at the UTS Stadium, Dunston
Result
Dunston UTS 1 Whitley Bay 2
Competition
FA Vase Round 6 (quarter-final) between two sides from the step 5 Northern League Division One.
Hopping
I am here because @damon_th of therealfacup was the first to respond (within a minute!) to a choice among four colours that I offered without any further explanation on Twitter.  The colours, unknown to anyone, were linked to the home sides in the four FA Vase quarter-finals.  Probably because of his Ipswichish subconscious, blue was the colour, and that is the home colour of Dunston UTS.  It’s random, but in a good way, and that’s what drives my groundhopping whenever possible.
The drama unfolds
My full deluxe match report can be found at http://f.ast.ly/bbN47 under the care of my friends at therealfacup.  However, here are a couple of clips that give a sense of the occasion as the Bay march on.

No comments:

Post a Comment